Healing results when we concentrate on changing our attitudes rather than trying to change the attitudes of others. Thus, the goal of Attitudinal Healing is self-healing in the face of each life challenge. — Gerald Jampolsky
Attitudinal Healing is based on the belief that it is not people or experiences outside of ourselves that cause us to be upset. Rather, it is our thoughts, attitudes, and judgments about them that cause us distress.
The Twelve Principles of Attitudinal Healing are:
- The essence of our being Is Love.
- Health is inner peace, healing is letting go of fear.
- Giving and receiving are the same.
- We can let go of the past and of the future.
- Now is the only time there is and each instant is for giving.
- We can learn to love ourselves and others by forgiving rather than judging.
- We can become love-finders rather than fault-finders.
- We can choose and direct ourselves to be peaceful inside regardless of what is happening outside.
- We are students and teachers to each other.
- We can focus on the whole of life rather than the fragments.
- Since love Is eternal, death need not be viewed as fearful.
- We can always perceive others as either extending love or giving a call for help.